Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursday - FamilySearch Research classes online

I know, I know, I am so behind the times! But I just came across the free online classes at the Family Search website. The classes range from research tips to lessons on conducting research on foreign-born ancestors. I am currently watching "If I'd Only Known," presented by Beth Foulk. She has given some great tips to help beginning genealogists avoid simple mistakes. The courses are easy to navigate and many provide PDF downloads of companion course materials. Classes are presented either as straight videos of a presenter or as a presenter next to a PowerPoint presentation. When a presenter is paired with a PowerPoint you are able to click through the presentation to slides that interest you and the presenter fast forwards to the same location. What a great resource!

1 comment:

TCasteel said...

Family Search offers so many great, free, aides to keep us on the best researching track. I really appreciate all they do.
Regards,
Theresa (Tangled Trees)