Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday Source - Kansas Memory

I was born and raised in Missouri, just a few miles from the Kansas border. Many of my relatives lived in the state (as did I for a few years) so I find myself researching there quite often. The other day I came across, again, the great website Kansas Memory and decided it was high time to highlight it.
Created by the Kansas State Historical Society, Kansas Memory is an online repository for all things Kansas. I have found several digitized atlases that have helped me pinpoint my ancestors. I even found a photo of a distant uncle. You can browse their collection by county, topic or just conduct a search. You can also set up a free account and add your finds to an online "notebook." Remember, however, that the KSHS requires permission is granted prior to posting things you find on their site to your own website. This website is a tool-kit must have for anyone researching Kansas ancestors.

No comments: